Thursday, May 14, 2015

Day 153 & 154 MCAS

Grade 6 Math Standards: All of them

The Learning Objective: The learning objective of the last 152 days combined

Agenda:

  1. Take the MCAS
  2. Movie/Game --> The kids needed the break

The Assessment: MCAS results will come out in the fall

Glass Half-Full: I was talking to my colleagues and I expressed little regrets about the process for how we got to this point. The results are going to be whatever they will be, but that's somewhat out of my control. The process is within my control and within our control as teachers, and while we can make improvements next year I think the overall effort to get the students where we got them to this point was pretty close to our highest potential.

One Regret: I feel bad for students that have to take this test who happen to struggle with the English language. I don't think it accomplishes anything for anyone, but again this is out of my control.

Link of the Day: This is a list of math blogs courtesy of a #slowmathchat on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment