Sunday, April 5, 2015

Day 131 Good Friday

Today I only had 40% of my homeroom students. Rather than teach an actual lesson, I used the day to let students decorate our door for the upcoming MCAS test. I had students brainstorm ideas individually then share them collectively. I then put together two supervisors and before picking the volunteers for this role I asked that these students be better listeners than they were bosses. It proved to be effective in getting cooperation.

The students also got an opportunity for a diversion when a guest speaker came to speak to the entire sixth grade about animal adaptations.

At the end of the day I worked with students one on one who happened to struggle on the quiz the prior day. These students were not resistant and I enjoyed throwing the starfish back in the ocean for the basic (and not so basic) skills of statistics.

No comments:

Post a Comment