Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Days 7 and 8: Study Guide and Quiz

I've kind of been abandoning these daily update posts because they are so similar to what I've done in the past, but here goes from what I remember a week ago...

Learning Objective: Perform all four operations in word problem and mathematical problems; define factors, product, divisor, dividend, quotient, sum, and difference

Assessment: The study guide was done in pairs and I went around from partnership to partnership to see how students were performing. On the actual quiz, the class averages hovered between 86 and 94 for my three classes, which I'm pretty happy with overall. I want the grades to be high I'm not one of those people who believes in the bell settling everyone into a particular label. My job is to teach to the objectives and I want students to meet those objectives. Makes sense, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment